Tuesday, May 24, 2011

To Kill is a Sin

“Life aren’t easy, we have to be wrong to learn what’s right, to be hurt to be strong, and to fall to rise again.”—this quotation best describes the story of “Eyes of a Child” by Robert North Patterson.

 
         I found this book while hanging out with my friend, Rica at a Bookstore (BookSale, Robinson’s Place Imus). I usually go here to look for a used book that they were selling in a lower price. I love reading so much and I prefer something which is horrifying, thrilling, investigative, or something like that, so without any hesitation, I grab the book instantly and purchased it.

     Although it is quite thick compared to all the books that I had read before, I still take the chance to understand what’s inside it. It was fascinating! All the twists and turns of the story are just right, it even made me think and guess of a certain things but none of my speculations are right. Through the book, I learned a lot about investigation for a murder case, and how politics can ruin the life of a person. It made me visualize things that are happening inside the court room. Power is such a great source to prosecute someone who was innocent compared to money.

     As I read each pages, I see how far a love of a parent to their child can go and vice versa. A love that can kill to protect their child, and a love that can lie a million times to keep their loved ones. It really shows that in the eyes of a child every thing is about them. Whatever happens, whether it is good or bad, they feel responsible for it that’s why they will bring the entire burden for all their life.  This book made me realize a lot of things, really!
         
     One more thing, this book also shows how great true love is despite all the trials and problems, love still reigns. Love can really do impossible things but it is not a reason to get the life of someone for killing is a sin and it can never solve any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment